Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th of July

Alrighty! I did it..after two attempts...I was satisfied! I did my first decorating attempt with the wrong tip.

My inspiration:




I started with a Red Velvet Cake recipe. Typical Red Velvet Cake Recipe . This is very similar to something I used but I don't like mine nearly as red. I also added about 2 teaspoons of cinnamon and in half of the batter I did a 1/2 cup of chopped finely pecans. When I added the cinnamon and pecans to a regular chocolate cake I call it Texas Chocolate. If you're not a cinnamon person or pecans person, of course its not necessary, we just love it. :) Oh, and I also filled them with a little ameratto butter cream. Yummy!


I used a 18 tip to create my fireworks. I only needed one recipe of icing for all of my cupcakes. Well, each attempt, at least. In the inspiration picture, they used a totally different tip. I dont like the whole "hair" looking stuff so I did something on my own. And also, the more I look at them, they used the tube icing. I make my own, so its a different to work with.



I wish my camera was better and I could get better pictures..because now that I look at these, I almost don't want to post them. But, this is my first post, I think its necessary. (!)

I had some extra icing so I decided to stripe the bag and finish the other cupcakes off.



Next week's idea?


No comments:

Post a Comment